2017 Gold Medal Awards, in Association with Hotel & Catering Review, Terms & Conditions
Entry is open to paid subscribers of Hotel & Catering Review only. If you are unsure if you are a paid subscriber please contact the Event Manager at [email protected] If you are not a paid subscriber and would like to subscribe to the magazine and receive 12 issues of Hotel & Catering Review a year, including a free copy of Hotel & Catering Review’s Annual Directory & Buyers Guide worth €35, plus our Bulletin Ezine news service, you can do so online at www.hotelandcateringreview.ie or by phone, tel: 01 4322 232. The subscription rate is €92.50+VAT @ 9%. Entries will only be accepted through the online entry form posted on the website. Please click on the online entry form to complete your entry (NB: the online form must be completed in one sitting). Remember, you must include the cost waiver form with your entry (see below). This must be signed and uploaded to the entry form, or, if you do not have access to a scanner, faxed to 01 672 7100. Entries must be submitted via the official entry forms. Entries submitted in a different format, such as on hotel or restaurant headed paper, will not be accepted. Please type your responses in the answer boxes provided. Handwritten entry forms will not be accepted.
There is no charge for entering the Hotel & Catering Review Gold Medal Awards. However, in light of the significant rise in judging costs due to the increased number of businesses applying for the Awards in recent years, entrants will be asked to waive the cost of the visit for the judge and their partner. (Judges travel in pairs to get a comprehensive view of your operation.)
For hotels, this will include the cost of:
- One room, for one night only (two guests)
- Breakfast for two
- Lunch or dinner in your restaurant (three courses if applicable, one bottle of wine, tea/coffee x 2).
- Two drinks (one round) in your bar.
For restaurants, this will include the cost of:
- Lunch or dinner in your restaurant (three courses if applicable, one bottle of wine, tea/coffee x 2).
If you have entered the Spa category, you will be asked to waive the cost of:
- Two treatments for the judges (one treatment each). NB: Judges will book standard treatments such as a facial or a massage and will not book extensive signature treatments.
For Ireland’s Family Friendly Hotel entrants,
- 2 adults and 2 children must be accommodated for under the inspection cost waiver form.
- * Any additional costs (extra drinks, extra night etc.) will be settled by the judge on checkout or at the time of ordering.
Please fill out the release form agreeing to waive the cost of adjudicating your operation and email it back to us with the signed approval of the owner/general manager to [email protected] upload to the entry form no later than May 1st, 2017. This form will be presented to your reception/waiting staff on checkout/departure who will be asked to deduct the cost of the judge’s inspection from the bill. Please communicate this process with your team. Site visits for the hotel and restaurant categories will still be conducted anonymously with judges only identifying themselves on departure/checkout.
While at all times the judges will endeavour not to visit during peak periods, please note that judging is conducted throughout the summer season, and due to the volume of entries to be judged we cannot guarantee that judges will not visit on a Friday or Saturday night. If you anticipate that you will be booked out for a peak event, such as a local festival like the Galway Races, please note the festival/event dates on your entry form. Remember however, judges’ visits are unannounced in order to enable us to assess your business incognito. Hotel, restaurant and spa entrants may not request a specific time for a visit.
Should it be impossible for members of the judging panel to inspect a premises unannounced, the property will be judged during a pre-arranged site visit. Judges will be in contact with entrants directly to arrange a suitable date and time for the visit.
Hotels in the Republic of Ireland must be registered with Fáilte Ireland. Hotels in Northern Ireland must be registered with the Northern Irish Tourist Board. Hotels must be registered under the category they are entering. You may enter up to five categories. For instance, if you are a hotel with a restaurant, a quality wine offering, good spa and a great team of staff, you may enter a hotel category, restaurant category, plus the Spa, Wine Experience and Guest Experience award categories. If you operate more than one restaurant on site, please note that judges will only eat in your establishment once (excluding hotel breakfasts). Therefore, if you are a hotel with a fine dining restaurant and a separate bistro or casual dining offering you must choose one outlet for inspection by the judge. Please state clearly on your form which outlet you wish us to judge. Judges will only visit your premises once. Please note on your entry form your hours of opening, for instance if your restaurant or spa is closed on a Monday. Entrants for the Ireland’s Event Caterer category are required to submit three client testimonials. If shortlisted for site inspection, the judge will be required to attend an event held by the caterer between May 1st and July 14th 2017. Judges will also need access to food preparation areas. Entrants to the restaurant, catering and wine categories must attach copies of their menus/wine lists with their entries. Spas must include their brochures/treatment list. The Site Contract Catering Award is open to caterers operating a year-round, full-service to clients in business and industry. Event caterers are not eligible to enter this award. The Hotel & Catering Review Gold Medal Awards Jury reserves the right to re-categorise your entry if members of the Jury feel you will achieve more success in another category, for example, if you have entered your restaurant under Fine Dining but we feel you are better suited to the Best Wine Experience category.
The judging is split into two rounds. In the first round, every entrant in every category is bench-marked against a strict set of criteria. The entrants that score highly, are moved into round two where they will be blind site inspected.
The Gold Medal Awards are judged on the site visit/inspection undertaken by members of the judging panel. The Gold Medal Awards judging panel will commence their inspections in May 2017. Finalists for this year’s Gold Medal Awards will be published in August and the Awards will be presented at a ceremony in the Lyrath Estate, Kilkenny on Tuesday September 26th. No correspondence may be entered into with members of the Jury following their visit to your premises. The judges have been instructed not to comment on their inspection when leaving your premises so please do not press them for information. Entrants may not lobby for an Award. The decision of the Gold Medal Awards Jury is final.
To vote for your favourite property, you may go to the website and follow the instructions given there. You may vote for one property in each category. Once you have made your selections (you must vote in at least one category) you must provide a valid email address and register your details for your votes to count. The result of the vote will be based on the total of all valid votes received via all valid voting methods and by the closing date and time. Please note that votes that have been sent but not yet received or validated by the closing date and time will not be counted.
- NO PURCHASE OF ANY SORT IS NECESSARY to vote and there is no charge to enter the hotelandcateringreview.ie awards website.
- The Gold Medal Awards reserves the right to reclassify a product or service that is entered in the wrong category.
- The Gold Medal Awards reserve the right to amend or remove the awards categories.
- Only one vote per person per category will be accepted. Multiple votes (block voting) will not be counted.
- Participating Companies can encourage their customers to vote for their property as long as they do not offer any form of reward and/ or incentive for voting.
- Voting results announced and published by The Gold Medal Awards are final.
- Ashville Media Group accept no responsibility for lost or misdirected votes.
- All entrants must be resident in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- By submitting your email address you are giving permission to be contacted by The Gold Medal Awards, should it prove necessary.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- All voting will be subject to verification and certification by an independent third party auditor. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of voting are permitted. Voters and Participants who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or who attempt to interfere with the voting process or the operation of the Web Site in any way will be disqualified and their votes will not be counted. Ashville Media reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend voting should any virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the voting process. All decisions regarding the voting process shall be final and shall not be subject to challenge or appeal.
- The judges decision is final and correspondence will not be entered in to.
- Neither Ashville Media Group or its sub-contractors accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any network or line, system, software, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any nomination being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
- Ashville Media Group reserve the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect, having regard to all circumstances and information available to it at the relevant time, that fraudulent voting has occurred, such that it is designed to excessively manipulate the outcome of the vote or otherwise.
- Ashville Media Group may, at its sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the Competitions and/or the dates on which the Competitions will be promoted and Ashville Media reserves the right to alter, amend or withdraw these terms and conditions and/or the Competitions without prior notice.
Ashville Media Group cannot promise that the service and/or system will be free from errors or omissions nor that it will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. The service and/or system may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of unavailability of the website or other service for one or more days before the closing date, illness, natural disaster, malicious damage, system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the reasonable control of Ashville Media Group. Ashville Media Group may suspend, withdraw or re-set this interactive service in its sole discretion at any time. Ashville Media will not be liable to you or to any other person in the event that all or any part of the service and/or system is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
When you register and vote with Ashville Media Group we collect your name and email address only for authentication purposes and The Gold Medal Awards purposes. We will not provide your details to third-party companies and sponsors.